Executive Sous Cheff Full-Time Job2 weeks ago - Family restaurants - San Jose - 17 views
Job Title: Executive Sous Chef (Must speak Spanish)
Department: Food & Beverage - Golden Gate Fields
The Executive Sous Chef position has primary responsibility for the successful operation of all aspects of the culinary department, including: oversight of all food menus, specialty and event menus, culinary operating procedures, delivery of standards and presentations within corporate guidelines. In addition, the Executive Sous Chef is responsible for food cost ratio, Culinary labor cost, organization and scheduling of the culinary department, working with the front-of-house team on execution of service, food safety, hygiene as well as food-related communications
Essential Job Functions
- Adhere to Golden Gate Field standards for guest service.
- Assist in developing and implementing new recipes and menus.
- Able to create high quality food production on a consistent basis.
- Interface with the F&B Director regarding menu development and daily activities.-
- Interface with Kitchen staff to manage food quality, preparation, and presentation.
- Ensure high and consistent quality of all menu items both in preparation and presentation: ensure that recipes are followed; check the taste and texture of dishes before meal service; ensure that all presentations are to the specifications for each dish.
- Oversee the operations of all kitchen outlets.
- Follow Sanitary Guidelines in order to maintain the highest possible rating from the Health Department on a regular basis.
- Report and document any observed or known safety hazards, conditions or unsafe practices and procedures to management immediately.
- Participate in special projects and public relations duties as necessary.
- Communicate with the Engineering/Plant department as needed regarding smooth operation of equipment.
- Assist the F&B Director with inventories, ordering, and cross training as needed.
- Assist with covering any stations or duties in the absence of a team member through delegation
- Perform other job-related duties as directed.
- Adhere to annual budgets pertinent to Culinary operation
Education, Experience and Skill Requirements
- Minimum two years’ experience as Sous Chef preferably in the local market within a luxury hospitality setting.
- Able to develop and maintain good working relationships with all levels of GGF management, staff, vendors, guests and government agencies.
- Good guest service skills.
- Strong team player and proven leadership skills.
- Good verbal and written communication skills.
- Strong organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Food sanitation certificate required
- Working knowledge in Microsoft Word, Excel and Outlook.
- Strong analytical skills.
- Exercise good judgment and able to maintain confidentiality
- Able to effectively handle multiple tasks simultaneously with frequent interruptions.
- Highly flexible. available to work any day, and/or schedule.
- Able to keep a balanced approach and cool head under stress or in an emergency.